Thursday, May 26, 2005

that insignificant yellow string

For many years, Vesak Day used to mean a lot to me. Because she was there queueing up with me to get into the prayer hall. And it funnyadorablecute seeing her trying to blend into the crowd and shrugging off the occasional stares and shooting back evil eyes of her own. She never did blend in well, her skin tone makes people think she's malay... Her hair, for many years was chin length and dyed a darker shade of purple. Her facial and ear piercings... The tattoos on her right shoulder blades, right wrist and ankles.. All those make her stand out in the crowd. She would look around, then look at me and frown. She would then reach out her hands and I see her mouth "save me" in slow motion. I would laugh.. we would laugh... and it was all good... And the best part was after the prayers, we would tie each others' yellow string... wishing each other health, wealth and wiseness with genuine interest... Beautiful...

Inter-racial relationship at its best.. It works if it isn't forced and we accepted each others' religion as unique, with genuine interest. I used to go for saturday night masses with her without fail and she lights the occasional joss stick for the ancestral altar in my house. I know my hail marys and she knows the exact amount of joss stick for the different altars.

So now today I stand here admist the crowd... under the blazing sun, alone... with two yellow strings in my hand. I stood outside the temple and tied both yellow strings by myself on my wrist. Where ever you are, I wish you all the best... to be healthy, wealthy and wise... and may you be happy, always...




Track Of The Day: Radiohead - The Bends

5 Comments:

Blogger Lancelot95 said...

I thought these stuff only happens on TV ... apparently not.

Good effort though ... :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger seth.frostheart said...

devoid: well, i can't think of a witty reply either... glad you liked it :)

lance: well where da heck do you think they got the storyline for those taiwanese tearjerkers? :P from real life emo freaks like ma la! lol!~

11:22 AM  
Blogger seth.frostheart said...

you made me a very happy man @ 4:30am in the morning ^___^

i know you're with someone.. but hey, it's the thought that counts ainnit? *hugs*

thanks d... you da best!~

4:20 AM  
Blogger Reta said...

Oh Seth, your posts always warms up to me =)

11:10 PM  
Blogger seth.frostheart said...

reta: uhm, i dont how to reply to that.. oh well, glad you liked it as well :D

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home