Monday, June 06, 2005

don't be nice to girls

"y'know... you're too nice sethy, do not be too nice to girls..."

She said between cigarette puffs. The matter-of-fact look on her face told me she wasn't joking. I swirled the coffee around in my paper cup and looked up.

"What do you mean?", I asked, furrowing my brows. I asked even when I knew what she was talking about. I looked down quickly when I caught her eyes looking at me. There's a storm brewing in the coffee cup and I can imagine myself swirling on a miniature paper boat in the black brown sugarless vortex.

"Well you're just too nice. You know I LIKED you... heck I still do to a certain extent. That's why I have these walls around me when I'm hanging out with you... I know you know..."

She took another long drag on the cigarette, making it glow angry red, before stubbing it out slowly on the sole of her sneakers.

"You're waiting for her right?", she sighed, a hint of friendly concern echoed off her voice.

"I don't know", I told her a nanosecond later, " I really don't know what I want... I met so many wonderful girls in between this yesnomaybe limbo and the break-up... can I say I'm spoilt for choice? And that's providing if they feel the same way for me, like what I feel for them... but I still wanna give me and e. a go, regardless."

"8 years wait Sethy, I don't blame you... I would wanna give it a go to if we've both waited that long... ", her gaze fixed on an imaginary point in the distance.

After a moment of silence, she suddenly laughed. Her hands absent-mindedly reaching for and lighting another ciggie, "You're just like your uncle, Seth... Mr. Accidental Nice Guy, that's what we would call him... part buaya, part gentleman. When I used to work for him with the rest of the other girls, not one of us didn't have at least a little feeling for him. And you're just like him in so so many gentlemanly good but emotionally bad ways. Sometimes... just sometimes, to balance all your heart-breaking goodness out... just be an asshole... be a creep... be a stereotypical MCP... be predictable, typical. Don't throw the poor girls off guard please. Maybe things would work out better for you and all those girls that ebb and flow in and out of your life."

"Yeah... I'll think about that... doubt I can make it though. I'm pre-wired to be extra nice to girls", I laughed out loud, before shoulder bumping her and throwing a cheeky glance in her direction. She frowned, smirked and shook her head.

"Just like your uncle, Sethy... so much like your uncle... I wonder how is his girls collection in Jakarta", she grinned, "Maybe you should join him. It's a guiltless hunting ground for guys down there from what I heard. The rest of the fellas are having a ball, I don't seem to understand why you refuse to join them there. You'll definitely be a heart breaker and they don't play for keeps in jakarta, so you don't have to worry about treading carefully", she playfully leaned against me.


We finished up our last cigarette ( smoking one whole box between the both of us), drinking up our last drop of 7 cups of sugarless coffee and 3 sticks of chewing gum before taking a slow, silent drive home.





Track Of The Day: Lain - Duvet [her pick]

4 Comments:

Blogger Optimist said...

Wah nice site man. Too few artistic blogs in Malaysia I think.

Yeah, your pal is right, pal. Don't be "too" nice to girls. They don't know what they want - they want someone telling them what they want. Never show your weakness. Show as little emotion as possible, no matter what CLEO says. Keep them guessing, keep them busy trying to figure you out. And the little bits of your soul that you do reveal from time to time will seem like a revelation from god himself.

Might sound like ripped-off cliched advice, but I think you know what I mean. We've been there done that.

ps: ur italic text a lil hard to read tho. I had to squint.

2:03 PM  
Blogger seth.frostheart said...

dude... me artistic? ah, i would hardly consider it that, lol. it's more of a i need to fill the gap where a relationship once flourished. so i shoot tons of photos n write a heckuva whole lot more nowadays...

funny.. a girl tell me not to be nice to girls... on a normal day, i would think of it as jealousy at work but yea, i know what you and her mean...

okay okay.. tsk... no more italics? happy? :P

6:03 PM  
Blogger ~ Thai Boxing Girl ~ said...

.............

soundless scream.......

..........

.............if you have the answer...can you please enlighten me too??

8:12 PM  
Blogger seth.frostheart said...

sure thing tbg... IF.. just if i have the answer, i definitely wouldn't mind sharing :)

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home